Our office is open the following days and times:
Monday / Friday – 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Saturday – 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
We are closed on Sunday
At Eastern Medicine Center we provide two convenient modes of treatment, community acupuncture and conventional acupuncture.
For patients that require long-term care, a combination of the two settings may be a practical option. Some patients may also benefit from herbal prescriptions, which are prepared for an additional cost.
- Please bring a list of any prescription medications or supplements you may be taking. If you have x-rays or lab results related to the condition you’d like to treat, please bring those as well.
- Please wear comfortable, non-restrictive clothing that can be easily moved aside and rolled up to the elbows and knees, as your practitioner will need to access several acupuncture points in your abdomen and extremities.
- Eat a light meal before your acupuncture session, and refrain from strenuous exercise and alcohol consumption for at least three hours after your acupuncture treatment.
- If you would like to complete your paperwork before your visit, please download it here.
- On your first visit, please arrive 15-20 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow time to fill out paperwork and discuss your medical history with your practitioner.
- As a courtesy to all patients, please silence your cell phone. We welcome walk-in patients at any time. If you are dropping in for your first visit, please arrive at least an hour before closing time to allow ample time for your initial consultation.
Your First Visit.
During your first visit, which will last one to one and a half hours, your acupuncturist will review your intake forms and discuss your medical history, your lifestyle, your treatment goals, and any questions you may have about your treatment plan. You and your acupuncturist will work together to design a treatment plan that addresses your conditions and provides a general treatment timeline and treatment modality recommendations (e.i. acupuncture, electro-acupuncture, cupping, moxa, herbal medicine, etc.).